[opencms-dev] Build instructions from srcs (opencms-core, alkacon-oamp)

Alberto Gallardo argrico at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:17:05 CET 2015

Dear list,

I began in September 2014 to write down a help for those trying to build
the core and oamp artifacts from the sources. It has taken me quite a while
(I was involved in other projects), but I'm finally finished:

http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Building_Opencms_9.5.x_from_the_sources

I'm aware of the official documentation for building the opencms-core
sources:
http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/development-setups/index.html.
But these instructions are too eclipse-oriented and I needed something IDE
agnostic (thinking CI, of course). They also lack instructions about how to
build the alkacon-oamp modules.

I do not plan to create pull-request for the current official
documentation, because the wiki article is more of a work-around repertoire
(partly due to the current state of the alkacon-oamp repository) than a
nice two or three lines script; that is, the article will presumably became
obsolete very quickly with further contributions from Alkacon to any of
these repositories.

I hope you find it helpful.

Regards

Alberto Gallardo

PS: Kudos to Alkacon for the excellent documentation upgrade!