[opencms-dev] Lessons learned with the calendar

Fri Mar 27 21:39:36 CET 2015

Hi list,

with the introduction of Solr to OpenCms we resolved most of the
performance issues. Especially content aggregation and property
resolving/querying is a blast. However we make no use of the embedded
Solr collectors but have written our own taglibs to interface with the
Solr backend(s). Further we patched the OpenCms kernel to allow for
dynamic (reads runtime) content type mappings to Solr.

Maybe this can be a feasible solution for your cases too.

Sincerely

\Fabian