[opencms-dev] JLANShare under Windows 7

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Apr 10 13:12:02 CEST 2015

With OpenCMS 9.5.0 I have disabled the Server service under Windows 7
and enabled JLANServer
via the JlanCOnfig.xml.

I can do a
C:\>net use z:   \\localhost\OPENCMS
Geben Sie den Benutzernamen für "localhost" ein: ck
Geben Sie das Kennwort für "localhost" ein:<ck's password>
Der Befehl wurde erfolgreich ausgeführt.

Trying it as Admin/<adminpassword> fails with Systemfehler 86,
  das angegebene Netzwerkkennwort ist falsch.

One could live with that - for whatever reason connecting at raised
privileges isn't possible, anyway,
but what's bugging me is, that I cannot connect via the network to that
server.

The benefit would really pay off if users could use /.galleries over the
(JLAN) Service network wide.

But I don't see the share over the network. What am I doing wrong here?