[opencms-dev] 9.5.1 Layoutrows - feature request : make them predefinable including content elements

Marc Johnen opencms at johnen.biz
Thu Apr 23 18:46:22 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I love the way the new demo templates integrate bootstrap, but I think for
the average user creating the
layout is still a bit to complicated, so they are still dependend on a
developer or layout expert.

An ideal way would be predefinable rows like one can predefine container
pages via the "Template pages"
in the  sitemap configuration. This would come down to creating a
"row-container" whose elements would
be added to a container page via drag&drop. In those row-templates one could
for example define a row with an
image-element followed by a text-element, another one  containing five icon
boxes and so on.

This would enable the user to create pages more flexibly. Right now the
layout of a Template page is quite
fixed, one can't  just add another row with e.g. a text-block and
image-element without first adding a
(predefined) layoutrow and then adding the single elements. The user has to
know which layoutrow he
can user for what.

For now I will probably program my own layourows as content types to achieve
my goal. Or does maybe someone have a better idea?

-----
Greetings
Marc Johnen
http://www.johnen.biz