[opencms-dev] problem with resource id, resouce clash, missing resource

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 6 10:42:36 CEST 2015

The following situation:

Site A - Intranet
Site B - Internet

Content has been developed initially in Site A (Intranet) and then been
exported and imported into Site B.
Same for modules.

Now it happens notoriously, that database export from Site A and import
into site B leads to
resource ID clashes and missing resource IDs. (you know, these ugly red
tracebacks in the import log window
which render the import process useless in the end). The latter (missing
resource) maybe because a resource isn't there in the moment
when the import occurs, because it's in a module which hasn't been
imported (yet)
or is being imported later in the sequence, don't have any other idea
why this happens.

Anyway, it is a very nasty behaviour and I don't know whether this is a
general problem with my approach
and I have no idea how to overcome this problem at the moment. At the
moment I can only help myself
by deleting the Internet site and do a full import.

But this requires to publish the "delete" before importing making the
site unavailable for a few minutes.
Not so funny.

I know that Alkacon would probably like to sell OCEE but are there other
solutions to synchronize
two sites ?