[opencms-dev] issue with content manager

Filip Kratochvil filip.kratochvil at nelasoft.cz
Tue Jul 7 13:27:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

best way is look into demo modules (com.alkacon.bootstrap.formatters and com.alkacon.bootstrap.schmas), you will understand it really quickly.

Or watch this source code:

https://github.com/alkacon/modules-v8/tree/branch_9_5_x/modules/com.alkacon.bootstrap.formatters/resources/system/modules/com.alkacon.bootstrap.formatters

-          containerpage just describes which xmlcontent is placed in which container

-          containerpage is rendered using main template

-          so you need to create template, some containerpage a and some xmlcotents

-          than place xmlcontent on the page (position will be written in to the containerpage)

-          xmlcontent will be rendered using fomatter (here is placed code for fetching data from xmlcontent)

-          you can place more elements (it means xmlcontents) in one container, you can create more containers in your template (from version 9.5 you can create nested containers – they can be placed in formatters, not only in main template…)

Example of main template:

<%@page buffer="none" session="false" trimDirectiveWhitespaces="true" %><%--

--%><%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %><%--

--%><%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt" %><%--

--%><%@ taglib prefix="fn" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions" %><%--

--%><%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %><%--

--%><fmt:setLocale value="${cms.locale}" /><!DOCTYPE html>

<head>

                <title>OpenCms | ${cms.title}</title>

</head>

<cms:container name="centercontainer" type="center" width="500" maxElements="8" detailview="true"/>

Example of xmlcontent formatter:

<%@page buffer="none" session="false" trimDirectiveWhitespaces="true" %>

<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

<%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt" %>

<%@ taglib prefix="fn" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions" %>

<cms:formatter var="content" val="value" rdfa="rdfa">

</cms:formatter>

Look at the demo modules;)

--
S pozdravem / Regards