[opencms-dev] Migrate OpenCms from 7.5.4 version to 9.5.2

Jose Fermin Athie Campollo athiecampollo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:55:19 CEST 2015

Hi Rodrigo,

I did the same migration, a few months ago. If you are spanish speaker like
me, you should start here, http://www.opencmshispano.com/
They have have a good reference of opencms in spanish also they have a
forum if you have more doubts.

My steps for the migrations was:

1.- type xmlpage is not supported in v9, so you have to do something like
this
http://opencms.996256.n3.nabble.com/Problem-with-migrated-XMLPage-dont-exist-in-9-5-2-td25537.html
, The xmlpage still available in the site, but you can't removed without
remove all de folder, also you can't change it.
2.- If you don't have problem with this type, start with the export de
module and the site content.
3.- imported the module and the content site to de new fresh server/opencms
version, opencms is backward compatibility. You shouldn't have problem.
4.- I created a new module based in the demo (the old one was a messed).
5.- Some OAMPS will need some minor fixes.

I do it from 7.5.3 to 9.0.1
Also first I test from 7.5.3 to 8.5 and 8.5 to 9 in both i don't have
problem changing it. Do it whatever you want

Regards
FA