[opencms-dev] How to migrate Opencms 9 Website from one cloud server to another cloud server

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Oct 28 15:34:14 CET 2015

Hello Manoj,
Two possibilities, assuming you do not have a OCEE cluster setup.
1.
if you are running MySQL you could do a mysqldump of your OpenCms database and copy the complete OpenCms webapp from server A to server B.
Import the dump on your new server (server B).
Adjust all necessary settings in WEB-INF/config folder (DB connection, workplace, site and mail server settings and so on).
After login into OpenCms on the new server, I would delete all caches (Flex Cache, Core Cache...).

This should work with other DBMSes like PostgreSQL as well.

2.
Export all your custom modules (with module export) and content (with Opencms DB export) on server A.
Do a fresh install of OpenCms in server B.
Import modules and content.

HTH
Best regards
Kai