[opencms-dev] Updating Offline Index blocks Gallery Index

Christian Meyer christian.meyer at virtual-identity.com
Fri Feb 12 15:49:42 CET 2016

Hello everybody!

We've a strange behavior with our OpenCms 9.0.x.

Since some days sometimes users getting Proxy timeout errors while editing (Post -> org.opencms.ade.containerpageService...).
We figured out  that this happens while  parallel publications are running updating  the "Gallery Index" and "Offline Index".

It seems that Gallery Index updated without problems, Offline index stucks producing messages in the log like this
"Offline index update with 1 resources already running for 15,000 msecs".

If there a more publications the number of resources will increase. The task will run many minutes (or without end) producing log entries like mentioned before.
While this Thread is running it seems, that the "Gallery index" is in a kind of locked state. We tried to read from the gallery index, but the operation timed out.
We've activated debugging for search, but without any real hint what's happen. A restart of the tomcat "heals" the problem before it is happen again sometimes later.

We don't know the real trigger for this behavior or how to fix it. By the way, we've already rebuild both indexes. So it's no question of index corruption, I think.

Do somebody know this behavior?  Any hint very welcome!.

Kind regards

Christian

Christian Meyer
System Administrator

Virtual Identity AG
Grünwälderstraße 10-14
79098 Freiburg

t +49 761 20758-424
f +49 761 20758-02

christian.meyer at virtual-identity.com
http://www.virtual-identity.com

Freiburg | München | Wien

Virtual Identity AG
Grünwälderstraße 10-14
79098 Freiburg
Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 6218
Vorstand: Ralf Heller, Udo Möbes
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Kirsten Heller
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE208002218