[opencms-dev] Newbie problem with OpenCMS - New Content Disapears

Dr. John A. Kassebaum PhD, PE jak at kassebaumengineering.com
Fri Feb 12 20:58:52 CET 2016

Hi OpenCMS folks,

I am an OpenCMS newbie, but have had little trouble getting everything setup and working. No problem with the demo site or development tools (Netbeans and nbDriva). However, I am concerned that I am missing something significant.

Problem: I have created a new website for my client using the Workspace Manager, and coded a simplistic new module with my own templates/basicPage.jsp.  I am able to add content to it - but, if I refresh the page after adding content, all of that newly added content becomes invisible. I can still see the record of the info in the Page Info (xml content) - but the produced page HTML does not include rendering of the content. I have not created any of my own formatters and/or content types, and am using the content type from the bootstrap modules as a starting point.

Can someone give me a clue? What I am I missing?

Thanks for any help!
-John

--
John A. Kassebaum, PhD PE AC9JX