[opencms-dev] Newbie problem with OpenCMS - New Content Disapears

Deiverson Silveira deiverson at solutioncms.com
Fri Feb 12 21:13:34 CET 2016

Hi John,

Are you can place the jsp code of the page "basicPage.jsp"?

What version of Java, OpenCms and the Database are you using ?

If you put a <% out.println ( "Test") ; % > in your basicPage.jsp Is
displayed on the screen the word "Test" ? This is only to isolate the
problem is somewhere in your code.

Regards,

Deiverson

jak at kassebaumengineering.com>:

> Hi OpenCMS folks,
>
> I am an OpenCMS newbie, but have had little trouble getting everything
> setup and working. No problem with the demo site or development tools
> (Netbeans and nbDriva). However, I am concerned that I am missing something
> significant.
>
> Problem: I have created a new website for my client using the Workspace
> Manager, and coded a simplistic new module with my own
> templates/basicPage.jsp.  I am able to add content to it - but, if I
> refresh the page after adding content, all of that newly added content
> becomes invisible. I can still see the record of the info in the Page Info
> (xml content) - but the produced page HTML does not include rendering of
> the content. I have not created any of my own formatters and/or content
> types, and am using the content type from the bootstrap modules as a
> starting point.
>
> Can someone give me a clue? What I am I missing?
>
> Thanks for any help!
> -John
>
> --
> John A. Kassebaum, PhD PE AC9JX