[opencms-dev] Newbie problem with OpenCMS - New Content Disapears

Dr. John A. Kassebaum PhD, PE jak at kassebaumengineering.com
Mon Feb 15 21:27:04 CET 2016

Hi Lorenz,

I am actually merely trying to get an initial setup running - so I was trying to create a basicPage.jsp that was based on the grid-demo-page.jsp from the bootstrap formatters module. Then - editing - I try to add bootstrap content types to the page. I add a Template Row, then I add a Layout Column, then back to default  and add a text box. The page info show the XML content to be present. but then, when I view the page from another tab - or refresh the tab I’m editing in - the 'page info’ xml content remains the same, but the newly added text box vanishes from the rendered page.

I’m sure I must be dong something wrong - but I have not yet gotten far enough to create my own content types. That is next.

Thanks and best regards,
-John

P.S. Thanks for aiming me at /webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/logs/oipencms.log - I’ll take a look!