[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 10 Explorer - Open File in new tab/browser

Alex Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Apr 15 16:57:18 CEST 2016

John,

this was changed in version 10 so that no windows are opened automatically anymore.

With the new toolbar in 10, its very easy to switch the view from explorer to page and back in the same window.

The background story:

In all modern browsers it is not possible to bring a window already opened in another tab to the front again. In the old workplace when you click in the explorer it loads the page in a named window „A“. Now when you have already opened in a tab, and you click again in the explorer, A is reloaded but you don’t really see it because it is not brought to the front. That can be really confusing for not-so-experienced users. Always open new windows is also not a good choice because then you will end up with a pile of windows very soon.

Of course, you can have more then one tab open. Best way of opening a second tab is to simply use the „Duplicate“ option of the browser.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts