[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.2-->9.5: User Import mapping of roles

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Fri Oct 14 21:08:07 CEST 2016

Hi list,
we are currently doing a migration project from version 6.2 to 9.5.
One issue for us is, that all users in the Users group automatically get the "Element Author" role.
In this project, we keep the old templates (meaning not using containerpages and the frond end editing features).

Therefore the Users need to access the workplace, which they cannot with the "Element Author" role.
Now I would like to map a user group to a role while importing (with OpenCms DB import). Meaning, a user who is in a certain group should get a certain role during import.
Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards
Kai