[opencms-dev] how edit a site copied from Demo

Daniel Seidel d.seidel at alkacon.com
Thu Nov 10 21:40:44 CET 2016

Hi sergiog,

if you move the content things should work. If you copy it, you run into
problems with the ids. The copied container pages still refer to the
original (not the copied) elements. Since these are in the other site,
they are not available.
You could try three solutions:
1) move common things you want to share (I think you only need the
templaterows,) to the shared folder, copy the .formatters folder to your
new site, maybe copy/rebuild the models and the configurations on your
new site and then start adding content.
2) (more a hack) export the content relative to /sites/default/, unzip
it, delete all <uuid>...</uuid>, <structureid>...</structureid>,
<resourceid>...</resourceid> parts in the files, replace
"/sites/default" by your new site root everywhere, zip again and import
relative to your new site. Most things will work, some things wont be
rendered until you choose the formatter again via the element setting
3) there is a "hidden" feature to copy whole (sub)sites, the code is
somewhere in the core, but there is no GUI for it and actually haven't
used it yet.

Best, Daniel.