[opencms-dev] Building a multilingual website: multi-tree approach

- - pegaso1001e at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:45:09 CET 2017

Hello,

I want to build a multilingual site using the multi-tree approach, for this
I am following the tutorial step by step of the documentation:
http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/tutorials/building-a-multilingual-website
/

In the section "Adding translations" says that I have to click "Link locale
variant" option but the context menu shows many more
options (Open page, Open explorer, Properties, Link locale, Mark "No
localization", Copy page and Info). The "Link locale variant" option is
shown as
 "Link locale". Also in the "Locale" ComboBox according to the
documentation image (Fig. [Link_locale_variant_menu]) should appear
"English [*]"
but instead of [*] an information icon appears (See attached image:
link_locale_menu.png)

I have debugged the code and I have seen that the "Link locale" option
corresponds to the action "CmsLinkLocaleVariantAction" so I guess the option
"Link locale variant" has been renamed to "Link locale"; debugging the
function CmsLocaleComparePanel.initialize I have seen that a call is made to
m_rootLocaleSelector.setItemIcon (mainLocale, MAIN_LOCALE_ICON) where
MAIN_LOCALE_ICON = FontOpenCms.CIRCLE_INFO
So I think the information icon that appears to me is correct. I guess both
situations are errors in the documentation.

In any case the problem is that clicking on the "Link locale" option shows
a different dialog (Link locale) from the one
appears in the documentation (Fig. [Link_locale_variant_dialog]). In this
pop-up dialog there are no "Locals" or "Sites" buttons, nor radio buttons
of "Show sitemap folders" or "Show all folders".
Also the list of sub-sites is read-only so I can not select another
sub-site; Not being able to make the selection, the "Link locale" option is
not useful. See attached image: link_locale_dialog.png

I have tried the "Link locale" option in the Explore view getting the same
result, that is, a read-only dialog (Link locale) is displayed.

I do not know if there is an error in the documentation and it is necessary
to make some previous step or there is a bug in this release (10.5.0)
but the multi-tree approach does not seem to work.

Thanks in advance.