[opencms-dev] Building a multilingual website: multi-tree approach

Daniel Seidel d.seidel at alkacon.com
Wed Feb 1 11:38:38 CET 2017

Hi --,

you are correct, that the documentation diverges a bit from the
implementation in terms of menu-options and labels. But the feature
should work when you follow the documentation (with all the GUI
variations interpreted as you did). You might not be able to link a
locale variant because the "locale" property may not be set at the
folders "en" "de" "es". Check this using the explorer. And, if necessary
set "en" at "en", "de" at "de" and "es" at "es" (by the way, did you
globally configure "es" as it's done with "fr" in the tutorial?).

Best Daniel.

... by the way: I adjusted the tutorial to fit the actual GUI. It'll
probably be online next week.

Am 19.01.2017 um 10:45 schrieb - -:
> Hello,
>
> I want to build a multilingual site using the multi-tree approach, for
> this I am following the tutorial step by step of the documentation:
> http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/tutorials/building-a-multilingual-website
> /
>
> In the section "Adding translations" says that I have to click "Link
> locale variant" option but the context menu shows many more
> options (Open page, Open explorer, Properties, Link locale, Mark "No
> localization", Copy page and Info). The "Link locale variant" option
> is shown as
>  "Link locale". Also in the "Locale" ComboBox according to the
> documentation image (Fig. [Link_locale_variant_menu]) should appear
> "English [*]"
> but instead of [*] an information icon appears (See attached image:
> link_locale_menu.png)
>
> I have debugged the code and I have seen that the "Link locale" option
> corresponds to the action "CmsLinkLocaleVariantAction" so I guess the
> option
> "Link locale variant" has been renamed to "Link locale"; debugging the
> function CmsLocaleComparePanel.initialize I have seen that a call is
> made to
> m_rootLocaleSelector.setItemIcon (mainLocale, MAIN_LOCALE_ICON) where
> MAIN_LOCALE_ICON = FontOpenCms.CIRCLE_INFO
> So I think the information icon that appears to me is correct. I guess
> both situations are errors in the documentation.
>
> In any case the problem is that clicking on the "Link locale" option
> shows a different dialog (Link locale) from the one
> appears in the documentation (Fig. [Link_locale_variant_dialog]). In
> this pop-up dialog there are no "Locals" or "Sites" buttons, nor radio
> buttons of "Show sitemap folders" or "Show all folders".
> Also the list of sub-sites is read-only so I can not select another
> sub-site; Not being able to make the selection, the "Link locale"
> option is not useful. See attached image: link_locale_dialog.png
>
> I have tried the "Link locale" option in the Explore view getting the
> same result, that is, a read-only dialog (Link locale) is displayed.
>
> I do not know if there is an error in the documentation and it is
> necessary to make some previous step or there is a bug in this release
> (10.5.0)
> but the multi-tree approach does not seem to work.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Daniel.

Daniel Seidel

Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG - The OpenCms Experts