[opencms-dev] Democontents not displayed any more

Jan Michael Greiner jan0michael at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 08:04:22 CET 2017

Hello everybody,

I am quite new to OpenCms.
I created a new site, and was proud, that all the things are working (Online content available under http://<extradomain>/opencms/, template works, menu works, inline editing works... yeah :-) ).

But suddenly I get aware, that under https://<admindomain>/opencms/opencms/overview/ there is just an empty page, same for all demo pages delivered with the installation.
If I open overview/index.html in the explorer, I just see

Empty Container
DEVELOPER

Please drop a Layout Row in this container.
For: Area

If I open overview/index.html in the form editor, everything seems to be there...

If I set

log4j.logger.com.opencms=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.opencms=DEBUG
and restart tomcat, there is no error in the log, that gives a hint, why the pages are empty.

I haved passed some hours, trying to find out, what is going on, but have no idea.
I cleared the caches, I "touched" /sites/default, I tried to reinitialize the workplace (restarted Tomcat, after the process didn't finish after 15 minutes).

Any ideas?

Best regards

Jan Michael Greiner