[opencms-dev] Democontents not displayed any more

Jan Michael Greiner jan0michael at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 12:37:55 CET 2017

Hello everybody,

finally I "solved" the problem by exporting my new site as a module, backing up the module, reinstalling OpenCms 10.5.1 from scratch, and importing the module.

The first try didn't work out, because I had selected the "Demo Site" before importing the module.
After searching for a long time, I found my site under /sites/default/sites/<my site>/...

So, I suggest, the module importer should issue a warning, if one is importing in another Site/Project than "System folder /".

What I also observed:
In the search management the "Rebuild this search index." creates a different log, if Site/Project "Demo Site" is selected, or if Site/Project "System folder /" is selected.
Would it need a warning too, if the search index is rebuilt, without being in "System folder /"?

Other feedback I can give:

1.) Installation runs fine with Tomcat 9.0.0.M15

2.) I use PostgreSQL. I always create the database for opencms by hand, I don't see the need, that opencms needs to access the database Setup wizzard with create database privileges.
There I have to trick the setup wizzard:

  a) Put jdbc:postgresql://192.168.0.153:5432/?sslmode=require as path to the database server, because the database server only accepts SSL connections. This creates jdbc:postgresql://192.168.0.153:5432/?sslmode=require/opencms in opencms.properties. That works, but jdbc:postgresql://192.168.0.153:5432/opencms?sslmode=require looks nicer :-)

  b) Tick "create user" and "create database" -> error, but tables are created anyway -> go back -> Database name and ssl stuff need to be filled in the form again -> untick "create user" and "create database" -> continue.

3.) I propose not to initialize user logins with default passwords, but to find another solution. For example create secure random passwords by the setup wizzard and output the passwords in the server log. And keep up to date documentation, on how a server administrator can reset a lost "Admin" password. I don't see this documented in
http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/
Does http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/FAQ#I_lost_the_password_of_the_user_.22Admin.22.2C_what_can_I_do.3F
still work?

Best regards