[opencms-dev] Content element creation with PDF button

Daniel Seidel d.seidel at alkacon.com
Thu May 18 16:57:29 CEST 2017

Hi Jane,

just a guess: The new element is "in memory only" when you first drag it
on the page. It gets persisted when you edited it. The <cms:pdf> might
have problems with that situation. You could try to use something like:

<c:if test="${not cms.inMemoryOnly}">

     <c:set
var="PDF">/system/modules/myModule/elements/PDF-formatter.jsp</c:set>
locale='${cms.locale}' />" target="pdf" class="btn">PDF</a>

</c:if>

That would render the link only if the element is not "in memory only".

Best, Daniel.

Am 18.05.2017 um 15:40 schrieb Jane Austen Stardust:

> Hello!
>
> I'm using OpenCms 10.5.1.
>
> I can't add a content element by the page editor add wizard if it
> contains the PDF creation button script.
>
> But I can create it in the Explorer and then drag it from the page
> editor add wizard, and works correctly.
>
> Here is the PDF creation button script that I use:
>
> <c:set
> var="PDF">/system/modules/myModule/elements/PDF-formatter.jsp</c:set>
> locale='${cms.locale}' />" target="pdf" class="btn">PDF</a>
> What's wrong?
> Thanks a lot!
> JA

Kind Regards,
Daniel.

Daniel Seidel

Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG - The OpenCms Experts