[opencms-dev] Question : maximum database size ?

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Aug 16 18:19:58 CEST 2017

Hi Franck,
I had to do some statistics when migrating from version 6.2 to 9.5. Maybe it is interesting for you. With that figures, we had no problem at all. Of course some things take longer, when having a large amount of  data. E.g publishing of about 80000 resources took about 3 hours.
Here are the figures:
OpenCms 6.2:
Size of database dump: 53 GB
Size of OpenCms DB export: 6 GB
Amount of resources (files and folders) of OpenCms DB import: 103842
Amount of resources (files and folders) of OpenCms static export: 9807
Size of export folder ([TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/opencms/export/): 885 MB
OpenCms 9.5:
Initial size of OpenCms database after OpenCms DB import (Workplace Server): about 14,9 GB
Initial size of OpenCms database after OpenCms DB (Frontend Server): about 7,2 GB (about half the size, because there is no Offline project)

Hope this helps you and maybe others as well.
Best regards
Kai