[opencms-dev] OpenCms + IntelliJ IDEA

Alberto Gallardo argrico at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 10:32:06 CEST 2017

Hi Kai,

thanks for your feedback. I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one
experiencing issues with IntelliJ + OpenCms-core. The problem I faced--and
the one that triggered my holly quest for a better build script--was of a
tricky nature: some GWT class not working as expected and existing in two
flavours: the server version and the client version by means of the
infamous re-root function of GWT (the super-src element). At that time, I
didn't know much about GWT, IntelliJ and Gradle, so I lost my confidence in
the code and had to begin to read docs...

Until now, that I still don't know much about the three of them but begin
to realize the limits of IntelliJ. I still find this issue (not being able
to rely in the IDE 100%) a bit spooky, but I wouldn't grade it as critical
anymore.

Regards

Alberto