[opencms-dev] OpenCms + IntelliJ IDEA

Kai Widmann Widmann at mediaworx.de
Fri Sep 22 08:30:09 CEST 2017

Hi Alberto,

ah now I understand. I gave up on working with the OpenCms Core or building OpenCms in IntelliJ. If I have to do this, I switch to Eclipse. But Debugging (as in stepping through) OpenCms works fine for me in IntelliJ. I have OpenCms as maven dependency and told IntelliJ to download the sources. So now when I step through one of my projects (custom modules), I can step through OpenCms sources as well. For me that’s enough to locate problems. Then I switch to eclipse to implement a fix. That’s not a good solution, but for me it’s so rare that I’m working on the core, that I can live with it.

Cheers

Kai