[opencms-dev] Apollo Sample on OC 10 multi site

Alex Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Feb 1 09:07:09 CET 2018

Tania,

the copy function available in 10.5 does NOT adjust links that exist in a page when it is copied.

The Apollo Template is using a structure where a page is created by layout rows. These layout rows are by default located inside the demo side. The layout rows are content elements that are re-used (linked) on many pages.

When you copy a page, the copy uses the same layout rows, since the links to the rows remain the same and point to the original row object. The option "Create new object" you are referring to would apply to content elements placed in such a layout row (a text for example). So this works as expected as long you are copying in the same site.

Your problem - as far as I can tell from your mail - is that you copy the whole site. In this case, you duplicate the layout rows as well. However, the links in the copied pages still point to the original layout rows. The copied layout rows are not used at all.

THE BEST SOLUTION FOR 10.5 is to move all layout rows into the /shared/ folder. Just move the existing folder, the links will remain intact. Now when you copy a site, the rows are not part of the site anymore and therefore not copied. All sites then use the same layout rows in /shared/.

HTH

BTW in 11 we will have a copy function that can adjust the links in such a scenario. Plus tools to replace elements like rows in case you want to change existing pages.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts