[opencms-dev] Reinstalling module problem

Alberto Gallardo argrico at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:48:15 CET 2018

Hi,

> 3) Deleting the module work fine
> 4) Starts installing the module
> - approx 10 percent of cases fails on:
>

> java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\apache-tomcat-8.0.45\
> webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\lib\modul.jar (Systém nemůže nalézt uvedený
> soubor)
> [...]
>

> Possible problem
> If the jar is used by a tomcat, it would not be possible to delete the jar
> in the delete phase.
>
> CmsModuleManager. deleteModule(…)
> line 697 OpenCms.getPublishManager().publishProject(cms, report);

I have never experienced that Tomcat prevents the deletion of any library.
In linux, I'm used to delete any jar as I please. I usually don't notice
anything at all, because as long as you don't need any unloaded Class, it
doesn't resort to disk. In other words, if a class has been loaded, Tomcat
doesn't care about the deletion of the jar. (Notice that I'm speaking about
my environment. I'm not sure how does Tomcat behaves in other systems, or
if there is any exotic configuration that changes this.)

I have the impression that you're making false assumptions. If the
FileNotFound was reported during deletion (from your message, I assume that
this is not the case), you can ignore it. If it is reported during import,
then you could be hitting a different problem: a wrong manifest or in fact,
a missing file.

I'll recommend you to delete the module first, restart the server, and then
import it again. This way you'll know exactly what's going on.

By the way, you surely know that you have to restart Tomcat after any
classpath change.

Regards,

Alberto