[opencms-dev] Validation of nested contents

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Wed May 2 10:17:46 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I'm experiencing a problem with the indication of validation failures in combination with nested contents:
 The acicia editor does not highlight the field in which the validation rule fails.

The validation itself works. When entering an illegal value I can see the GWT response which indicates that validation fails and the save symbol gets disabled. But the field itself is not highlighted. This is in contrast to validation of fields defined in the main content type. The label of these fields turn to red when validation fails.

This behavior does not seem to be a problem of our content types. It happens as well with content types from OpenCMS itself.

For example in a freshly installed OpenCms10.5.3 creating a content of type Search Configuration, activating „Did you mean“ (the last tab) and entering anything else than a number in the „Count“-Field leads to a disabled save button but does not highlight the field or the label.

This happens on current Chrome, Firefox and Safari on a Mac with 10.13.3

Does anyone else see this behavior?

Regards
Christoph