[opencms-dev] OpenCMS: Not starting JLAN server because no config file was found

Paul Edison paul.finnedison at outlook.com
Sun Mar 10 14:11:38 CET 2019

>From time to time the application server my OpenCMS is deployed to, is not starting with following line in the out file:

Not starting JLAN server because no config file was found at /opt/oracle/…/servers/cms-app/tmp/_WL_user/cms-app/g4a88o/war/WEB-INF/config/jlanConfig.xml

I checked my opencms.war file for that file but only found on that directory following files:

opencms-importexport.xml
opencms-modules.xml
opencms-search.xml
opencms-system.xml
opencms-vfs.xml
opencms-workplace.xml
opencms.properties
opencms.xml

Now I’m asking myself the following questions:

Why is this file missing if it is needed for openCMS to start?
And Who shall put it there?

Why is it only sometimes a problem and not always if the war file is always the same?
Is there an external configuration that tells it must/must not be used?

What is this jLAN server actually used for? Is this a problem? And why not always?

Could anybody answer any of these questions?

Kind regards,

Paul