[opencms-dev] OpenCms 11 RC: Webform data in a clustered environment

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Apr 10 12:00:17 CEST 2019

Hi Alkacon team,

congratulations for the good job you have done to bring OpenCms 11 to the community.
We gave the release candidate a try and it looks very good to us.
It took us a while to find out, how the new webform module is working. We configured a webform to safe data to a database as well. This was possible in earlier versions, too. After sending some contact forms we checked the database but the webform tables did not show up. After a while we learned, that the data are now stored in the OpenCms workplace as content resources.

So here is our question:

Consider we have an OCEE based cluster with one frontend and one backend server.
How will the webform data find their way from the frontend vfs to the  backend vfs? AFAIK currently only user account data can be synchronized backwards to the workplace server.
The question behind all this is, how a content editor or website responsible can view the webform statistics?

Hope anybody can help.

Best regards
Kai