[opencms-dev] Upgrade OC 11: SolrCore 'spellcheck' not available (2)

Bernhard Zebedin bernhard.zebedin at visions2.net
Thu May 9 06:16:16 CEST 2019

Hello Thorsten.

In one of my test installations I had similar problems.... I don't remember exactly what it was.... but

I was not able to run OCMS 11 on Tomcat 7 !!

After upgrade to Tomcat 8... everything was fine....

I found this on stackoverflow....

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23541532/org-apache-tomcat-util-bcel-classfile-classformatexception-invalid-byte-tag-in?

I think your combination of your tomcat and jdk version does not work together for newer compiled
java libraries. Which exact version of tomcat do you have?

Kind regars

Bernhard