[opencms-dev] Activating Revolution Slider

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri May 17 13:47:35 CEST 2019

> Does anybody know how to activate the revolution slider in the new mercury template?

I do know how it’s done but unfortunately it’s quite difficult.

The problem is that the CSS and JS for Mercury shipped by default do not contain the required classes / scripts for the revolution slider anymore.

Even if you activate the "Complex slider" element from the „alkacon.mercury.xtensions“ module by configuring the sitemap .config file, it won’t work because the CSS/JS is not there.

The only good news is that the required CSS / JS is still available in Github https://github.com/alkacon/mercury-template <https://github.com/alkacon/mercury-template>.

If you are comfortable checking this out and rebuild the CSS / JS yourself to enable the rev slider enabled I can walk you through this.
It’s not that hard if you are on Linux and somewhat familiar with npm builds.
So let me know if you want to do it this way.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts