[opencms-dev] New Website from Scratch, OpenCMS v11

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Fri Sep 20 17:02:39 CEST 2019

Hi Elmar,

welcome to OpenCms and the OpenCms Mailing list.

Could you please provide a little bit more information on what your problem is.

You said, that you followed a tutorial on opencms.org. I am not sure which one you mean.

There is a good tutorial on https://documentation.opencms.org.

If you did an installation following this guide: https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/introduction/getting-opencms/ (with installation of the Mercury-Template) you should already have a demo page with editable contents.

If you did so, and you do not see any editing points you might not be logged in, or the user you are using is not allowed to edit contents, or you somehow logged in to the „Online“ instead of the „Offline“ project.

You see, it is difficult to assume, what your problem might be.

Let us know a little bit more and we might be able to help.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards

Kai