[opencms-dev] OCEE LDAP module stores passwords in the database

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Dec 4 14:49:20 CET 2019

Hi Rafael,

This was implemented as a fall back behavior in case the LDAP does not respond.
It should be said that by default the password in OpenCms is stored using the one-way Scrypt hash algorithm (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrypt <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrypt>).
So security risk is minimal.

However, I agree that LDAP user passwords should not be stored in OpenCms at all.
We should probably store an unknown random password for the user in this case.
We will change this with the next OCEE release.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts