[opencms-dev] SOLVED: Re: Unable to add new content types

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Thu Jan 23 09:00:13 CET 2020

Dear all,

to answer my own question. Maybe it will help some one else.

If a content type in Page Editor ist displayed with stripes (aka is disabled) it means that it is not useable on *this page*. At least in our case it was neither a problem of the module or of the site configuration but a problem of the particular container page itself.

We’re using Apollo template and missed to add Layout Area and Layout Row in the containers of the page. I haven’t fully understood how it works, but somehow the formatter definitions of our content types signal that they need a Layout Row to be placed in.

Since the Sitemap template we are using was not set up with Layout Area and Row, every single page we created had the problem that none of our content types could be placed on it. This lead us to the false assumption that we misconfigured something on module or site level while in fact it was just a problem on the page level.

Regards
Christoph