[opencms-dev] Issue with SQL Server on Windows

Antoine Pineau a.pineau at eurelis.com
Tue Apr 21 23:43:22 CEST 2020

Hello,

Tricky one this time, it's on a Live server.

We have for a customer an old Windows Server 2008 R2 in which we have a
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database.

This server was built years ago and was working not that bad, but I have
currently an issue that seems very new and odd, which I don't get.

By the way, I tried to restart everything, the database, Tomcat, the
server... this does not change anything.

=> My issue is that the files are not exported on the File System anymore ;
I get the following error:

21 avr. 2020 16:50:33,755 ERROR [rg.opencms.main.CmsThreadStore: 248]
Failed to write locks to database.
org.opencms.db.CmsDbSqlException: An SQL error occurred when executing the
following query: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement at 71882d8d.
at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.writeUserPublishListEntries(CmsProjectDriver.java:2875)
at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.updateLog(CmsDriverManager.java:9198)
at org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.updateLog(CmsSecurityManager.java:6260)
at org.opencms.main.CmsThreadStore.persistData(CmsThreadStore.java:245)
at org.opencms.main.CmsThreadStore.run(CmsThreadStore.java:151)
Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Invalid column name : 'user_id'.
at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeBatch(JtdsStatement.java:901)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeBatch(DelegatingStatement.java:297)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeBatch(DelegatingStatement.java:297)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeBatch(DelegatingStatement.java:297)
at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.writeUserPublishListEntries(CmsProjectDriver.java:2873)

Indeed, I am using the JDBC Driver net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver and I
think user_id is a reserved word in MSSQL Server
Also I am using all the org.opencms.db.mssql classes for VfsDriver,
ProjectDriver, SqlManager etc... that should handle such specificity for
OpenCms ?

But then, why it seems to work for all those years and is there a way to
fix this urgently (the need to deploy a news about covid-19 that cannot be
achieved because of this...) ?

Thank you community, for the time you would use to read this request and
help me :)

Kind regards

--
Antoine Pineau

CTO

Eurelis
+33(0)1 4997 2022 <+33149972022>
a.pineau at eurelis.com
https://www.eurelis.com
24 rue Kervégan, 44000 Nantes
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/24+Rue+Kerv%C3%A9gan,+44000+Nantes/@47.2127119,-1.5584183,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4805eea897ad3fbb:0xadb32e71e983a75c!8m2!3d47.2127083!4d-1.5562296>
14 rue du Sergent Bobillot, 92400 Courbevoie
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eurelis/@48.8954005,2.2435295,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47e665063aed13ff:0xe8f9697a486f03c7!8m2!3d48.895397!4d2.2457182>

[image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/Agence.Eurelis>
[image: twitter] <https://twitter.com/Agence_Eurelis>
[image: linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/eurelis>