[opencms-dev] List (config): no Content type to select

Gerd Schrick mail at schrick-design.de
Mon May 25 19:16:41 CEST 2020

Dear all,

(in 11.0.1)
I have a resource type "sd-project" and two formatters for this type, both with a non-empty "Display formatter type" setting (current value: "list-sd-project:compact"; also tried other values, e.g. the suggested default "display").
I then created a List following the docu "Lists with the integrated list type"
here: https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/content-in-opencms/lists-and-detail-pages/building-lists/lists-with-the-integrated-list-type/
and "Lists and detail pages III"
here: https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/demos/lists-and-detail-pages-iii/

My problem is, that the dropdown "Content type" in the list's config (app) still remains empty,
although as the docu (2nd link) says:
"The selectable formatters are collected automatically. To get your formatter to the list, the " Display formatter type" option in the formatter configuration has to be set:"
what is the case for both of my formatters.

When I edit the list config's control code (according to what I see in the lists of the Demo site)
and set/add element
<TypesToCollect>sd-project:efb48fe8-9e33-11ea-aabc-485b3939753f</TypesToCollect>
("sd-project" is the type; UUID is the one of the formatter config I'd like to use)
anything seems to work perfectly, except the "Content type" selection (that now only shows the entered value as-is).

In the Demo site the selection shows many entries all with nice names and (since hours) I tried to figure out the difference ... but still w/o success.

Obviously I missed something, so my questions are:
What (in addition) has to be done that the formatters show up?
Is there some special logic (naming?) for the formatter's "Display formatter type" setting to follow?
Anything else to be configured somewhere?

Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Best regards,
Gerd