[opencms-dev] List (config): no Content type to select

Daniel Seidel d.seidel at alkacon.com
Tue May 26 07:54:43 CEST 2020

Hi Gerd,

did you activate your display formatters in the configuration or in some
(sub-)sitemap config? And not disable them in some (sub-)sitemap config?
Do the formatters have any Match (via container type) defined? If all
this is the case and a value for display formatter type is provided, you
should be able to select the formatter.

Best, Daniel.

Am 25.05.20 um 19:16 schrieb Gerd Schrick:
> Dear all,
>
> (in 11.0.1)
> I have a resource type "sd-project" and two formatters for this type,
> both with a non-empty "Display formatter type" setting (current value:
> "list-sd-project:compact"; also tried other values, e.g. the suggested
> default "display").
> I then created a List following the docu "Lists with the integrated
> list type"
> here:
> https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/content-in-opencms/lists-and-detail-pages/building-lists/lists-with-the-integrated-list-type/
>
> and "Lists and detail pages III"
> here:
> https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/demos/lists-and-detail-pages-iii/
>

> My problem is, that the dropdown "Content type" in the list's config
> (app) still remains empty,
> although as the docu (2nd link) says:
> "The selectable formatters are collected automatically. To get your
> formatter to the list, the " Display formatter type" option in the
> formatter configuration has to be set:"
> what is the case for both of my formatters.
>
> When I edit the list config's control code (according to what I see in
> the lists of the Demo site)
> and set/add element
> <TypesToCollect>sd-project:efb48fe8-9e33-11ea-aabc-485b3939753f</TypesToCollect>
>
> ("sd-project" is the type; UUID is the one of the formatter config I'd
> like to use)
> anything seems to work perfectly, except the "Content type" selection
> (that now only shows the entered value as-is).
>
> In the Demo site the selection shows many entries all with nice names
> and (since hours) I tried to figure out the difference ... but still
> w/o success.
>
> Obviously I missed something, so my questions are:
> What (in addition) has to be done that the formatters show up?
> Is there some special logic (naming?) for the formatter's "Display
> formatter type" setting to follow?
> Anything else to be configured somewhere?
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Gerd

Kind Regards,
Daniel.

Daniel Seidel

Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG - The OpenCms Experts