[opencms-dev] Workplace URL not found on docker

Bernhard Zebedin bernhard.zebedin at visions2.net
Wed Mar 3 09:12:53 CET 2021

Hi all.

I have a very interesting problem.

I managed  more than 10 OpenCMS installations on different servers.

On one I have a very unique problem in combination with Plesk and Docker.

(All other installations running Plesk with Tomcat)

On this installation the OpenCMS cannot detect correctly the workplace-url.

Docker mapped from internal 8080 to external 28080.

On Plesk I have configured a proxy:

ProxyPass / http://localhost:28080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:28080/

The site works without a problem running via https an this proxy settings.
I have one configured with https://www.thisisthedomain.com/ working without a problem
One is configured with https://workplace.thisisthedomain.com/
On this domain I tried to configure access to the workplace.
So I added https://workplace.thisisthedomain.com to the workplace urls.
But I get a 404 on accessing https://workplace.thisisthedomain.com/workplace?
The direct url to the docker-port runs without a problem
(http://workplace.thisistthedomain.com:28080/workplace)

The system runs on opencms-docker:11.0.0

Maybe one of you can help me.
Thanks
Bernhard