[opencms-dev] Opencms 10.5.4 with Mysql Ver 8.0.23

Ramon Gavira rgaviras at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 19:57:17 CEST 2021

Hello,
I can't set up OpenCms with this version of mysql, is it possible??  Do I
need to change the driver? How can I do that?

I got this error:

It was not possible to create a database connection with the given
parameters.
Please check the Exception below. There can be two reasons for this error:
Your database is down, or
Your database is not accessible with the given connection parameters.
Be also aware that Alkacon recommends to use the following JDBC drivers for
MySQL 4.1.x, 5.0.x & 5.1.x:
[mysql-connector-java-5.1.26-bin.jar]
Check that the Jdbc drivers are included in your class path.

Error connecting to database using: "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/".

The connection params are ok, I can connect from other aplications or
servers without problems.

Kind regards

Libre
de virus. www.avg.com