[opencms-dev] Exclude directory from VFS

Michael Emmerich emmerich at german-navy.de
Thu Nov 25 09:52:18 CET 2021

Hello Kai,

yes this is possible.

1) In the opencms-importexport.xml config file, replace the line

  <linksubstitutionhandler>org.opencms.staticexport.CmsDefaultLinkSubstitutionHandler</linksubstitutionhandler>

with

  <linksubstitutionhandler>org.opencms.staticexport.CmsAdvancedLinkSubstitutionHandler</linksubstitutionhandler>

2) In your OpenCms, there is a file /system/config/linkexcludes/

in it, you can define those paths that are no identified as non-OpenCms,
e.g. external to the application.

Example: Your OpenCms runs as the ROOT-Webappliciiton at
https://www.myserver.com

Therefore everything starting with "https://www.myserver.com" will be
seen as an internal Link in OpenCms. When you now do the configuration
as above ans add "/myexternalapp" to the /system/config/linkexcludes/
config file,

https://www.myserver.com/myexternalapp will not be seens as an internal
OpenCms link.

Hope this helps,