[opencms-dev] Security issue in log4j

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 02:18:37 CET 2021

OpenCms 10 uses log4j 1.x, so it is not affected:
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/pull/608#issuecomment-990494126

OpenCms 11 onward default installation is exposed and must be properly
checked against the vulnerability; Jan Michael's workaround should fix
the issue.

If you log any user input to log4j in your jsp content pages, you're
at risk, check this out: https://log4shell.huntress.com/

regards,
Alessandro Magnolo