[opencms-dev] configure behaviour of tinymce editor

Hein van der Kallen hvanderkallen at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 17 16:04:46 CET 2021

Dear mailing list,

I would like that the editor of Opencms would not add styling to my tables
when I edit them using a mouse.

For the result of that styling is a not very flexible table.

See
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38250647/turn-off-auto-style-in-tables-t
inymce

In principle there is a solution if I can add to the configuration of the
TinyMCE editor

invalid_styles: {
    'table': 'width height',
    'tr' : 'width height',
    'th' : 'width height',
    'td' : 'width height'
}
Like in
https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/configure/content-filtering/#exampleusinginvalid
_stylesobject

But in Opencms you can configure which buttons you want to see in the
editor.

But without recompiling Opencms I see no  obvious place where I can add such
a configuration.

I regret that for

TinyMCE is not only the most advanced rich text editor it's also the most
customizable

( see https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/configure/ )

Is there a simple solution without recompiling Opencms or hacking in the
compiled opencms-resources.jar?

with friendly regards,

Hein van der Kallen