[opencms-dev] Is there a command line alternative to import modules?

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Tue Dec 21 15:57:06 CET 2021

Paul,

you can use the CmsShell, for more info see here:
https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/server-installation/opencms-shell/index.html

Please notice the difference between the stand alone shell and the rmi
version of it.

The CmsShell is either accessible with the command line of your server
or in OpenCms 11 or newer form within the launchpad.

An example for importing/updating a module (and publish it) would be:

updateModuleFromDefault "[filename_of_module.zip]"

which would import a module from
WEB-INF/packages/modules/[filename_oif_module.zip]

Kind regards,

Michael

Am 21.12.21 um 15:43 schrieb Paul Edison:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to update a module that is currently in our OpenCMS
> installation.
>
> There is a way to update them as described via the Admin Web
> interfaces
> (https://www.navitas.de/opencms/opencms/alkacon-documentation/documentation_modules/import_modules.html)
>
> As our update and installation procedures need to be automated, I need
> to perform it form a script -> shell or SQL ideally without the
> running application.
>
> Is there a way to replace the current module and have it loaded &
> published on startup or similar?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Paul

Kind Regards
Michael.
Michael Emmerich
Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com  -http://www.opencms.org