[opencms-dev] JSON array from a list

Paoletti Corrado c.paoletti at fineco.it
Thu Dec 23 13:15:13 CET 2021

FinecoBank S.p.A. - Internal Use Only

Hi,
my target is to generate a JSON response from a list of users.

With one user <cms:jsonpart generates a correct JSON but when I use it inside a <c:forEach I obtain only the last user so I deduce that <cms:jsonpart is not sufficient.

Searching examples and documentation I find that I could use a combination of JSONArray and JSONObject and these objects are defined in cms taglibrary (https://documentation.opencms.org/javadoc/tld/cms/jsonarray.html)

So, I have write <cms:jsonarray but I have:

No tag "jsonarray" defined in tag library imported with prefix "cms"

Someone could suggest me the right way to follow to have a JSON array like this:

[
{"name":"giulio", "surname":"cesare"},
{"name":"dante", "surname":"alighieri"},
]

Another approach is to use Java (I am not Java programmer) so I have wrote:

<%@page import="org.opencms.json.JSONException, org.opencms.json.JSONArray, org.opencms.json.JSONObject"%>

<%
    JSONObject user = new JSONObject();
    try {