[opencms-dev] Upload of files larger than 15kb not possible

Jan Michael Greiner jan0michael at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 11:28:29 CET 2021

Hello Filip,

thank you very much for the link to the documentation. I had not read that before, and learned, that I should not use "Manual secure server", because it is deprecated.

What works for me:

Basic Setup:
- Manual SSL encryption -> http:// is changed to https:// in the field "Server URL" automatically. That is what exactly, what my installation looks like (non TLSĀ  connections are handled by the reverse proxy, I will configure a HSTS header).
- In the field "Server URL" I put the most commonly used external (what I write in the Webbrowser = how the reverse proxy server is accessed) host name.

Advanced Setup
- The field "Secure Server" is not available any more (was only available for "Manual secure server"). So no questions about this any more :-)

Alias
- Here I add the internal server name (real name, what the reverse proxy server calls), and all additional external (less commonly used) external server names (served by the reverse proxy). I do not check "Redirect to server URL".