[opencms-dev] OpenCms and Bootstrap 5

Kai Widmann Widmann at mediaworx.de
Thu Mar 31 17:22:07 CEST 2022

Hey there,

I’ll reply to myself, since I found a solution I want to share with you.
The Bootstrap css activates smooth scrolling and that’s what seems to be causing trouble (at least in Firefox and Safari, not in Chrome).
So the solution is, to undo what Bootstrap does. I have an „offline.css“ that’s only loaded in Offline mode when ADE is enabled. I added the following rule

:root {
   scroll-behavior: unset;
}

So when editing the smooth scrolling is off, for the online mode smooth scrolling is on. That solved the problem.
Maybe this will help someone some time ;)

Cheers,

Kai