[opencms-dev] OpenCms and Bootstrap 5

Kai Widmann Widmann at mediaworx.de
Thu Mar 31 16:07:47 CEST 2022

Hey fellow OpenCms developers,

I’m experiencing issues related to Bootstrap 5.
Our frontend dev is using Bootstrap 5.1.3 in his templates that I used to create OpenCms templates and formatters.
When editing content on pages after closing the content editor, I find myself on the top of the page instead of where I was before opening the editor. I tracked this down and it’s related to Bootstrap.
In my head I have this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/assets/libs/bootstrap-5.1.3-dist/css/bootstrap.min.css">

When I remove that line, the faulty behaviour stops, I’m back where I was before after closing the editor. I guess Bootstrap somehow messes with page scrolling.
Has anyone ever experienced something similar. Does anyone of you have an idea what I can do to prevent that faulty behaviour?

Any held is greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Kai