[opencms-dev] OpenCms 12: Git integration

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Thu Mar 31 18:30:46 CEST 2022

Hi Kai,

thanks for your answer. I guess my question was not precise enough. I am aware of your great module (Happy 10th anniversary!). As you did, we (comundus) as well developed a module for developing (OpenCms Maven Plugin).
I assume both modules will not help us for what we need it.
The thing is, that one of our customer wants to use docker for their production environment. The idea was to “check out” the module source code from git within a docker instance using the Git integration of OpenCms.
As we never used it, we do not have any experience with that. And our customer said, that they do not understand the documentation (that’s the link, you already posted: https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/extending-opencms/development-setups/developer-tools/index.html#git-integration).

Sorry, I know my question is still not very precise. I was just looking for a better / another documentation of the Git integration feature.

Thanks for your help.
As I am writing I want to say, that I am really longing for seeing you guys from the OpenCms community on a hopefully soon upcoming event called OpenCms Days 2022.
That would be really great.
All of you take care.
Best regards

Kai