[opencms-dev] [External] process for creating/using dynamic function in openCms 13

Jochen Graf j.graf at alkacon.com
Tue Aug 23 12:58:59 CEST 2022

Hi Dave,

presumably this is a matter of container type configuration.

Somewhere in your template JSP configured for your website there must be
a <cms:container> tag with a type attribute <cms:container
type="mytype">. The container is the area on a page where new content
elements can be dropped, e.g., drag and drop your dynamic function using
datatables.

In order to allow a content element being draggable onto a container,
the container types must match. If your container is of type "mytype",
"mytype" must also be present in the dynamic function configuration.

There is a section "Matching containers" -> "Container types" in the
dyncamic function configuration, where one can configure "mytype".

There might be other reasons why drag-and-drop is not possible, e.g.,
permissions.

Let us know if the container type configuration solves the problem.

Jochen