[opencms-dev] Imported users cannot login in opencms 13

Alex Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Sep 8 12:25:37 CEST 2022

Dear Hein

It should work, as it apparently did for Fabian.

What you can do:

- Check the exported manifest.xml file with the user data to see if it contains the MD5 hash for the passwords
- Maybe use an external tool to verify if the password data in the XML is a correct MD5 hash
- After the import, use a database tool to verify that the MD5 hash from the export is imported correctly in the OpenCms database
- If the MD5 hash was correctly imported, then the <passwordhandler> settings should work

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts