[opencms-dev] Imported users cannot login in opencms 13

Hein van der Kallen hvanderkallen at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 7 17:28:17 CEST 2022

Alex

I have the same problem as Fabian

I imported users and groups from production on 10.5.1 to a fresh install of OpenCms 13

I tried the suggested

        <passwordhandler class="org.opencms.security.CmsDefaultPasswordHandler">

            <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>

            <digest-type>MD5</digest-type>

            <param name="compatibility.convert.digestencoding">false</param>

        </passwordhandler>

But it did NOT work.

The users are imported but cannot log in.

I also tried ( from opencms 10.5.1)

<digest-type>md5</digest-type>

But that did NOT work either.

Kind regards

Hein van der Kallen

- How can I import users and groups that have been exported from e.g. 10.5? In other terms, as the password mechanics seem to have changed, how can I migrate local users and groups to a fresh install of OpenCms 13?

Check the configuration file „opencms-system.xml“. Somewhere aound line 35 is the <passwordhandler> configuration.

Change this back to:

                              <passwordhandler class="org.opencms.security.CmsDefaultPasswordHandler">
                                            <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
                                            <digest-type>MD5</digest-type>
                                            <param name="compatibility.convert.digestencoding">false</param>
                              </passwordhandler>

Then the old MD5 encoded password should still work.

- Can I no longer add/modify search indexes and sources through the GUI?

Yes, this is the case.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts

I had finally the chance to fiddle with OpenCms 13. And two things struck me right away:

- How can I import users and groups that have been exported from e.g. 10.5? In other terms, as the password mechanics seem to have changed, how can I migrate local users and groups to a fresh install of OpenCms 13?

- Can I no longer add/modify search indexes and sources through the GUI?

Many thanks,

\Fabian